Log Champ 550 and 650 Yarders - Designed and Built for Steep Slope Logging
For years an aging fleet of log yarders on the west coast of British Columbia has provided loggers with a productive and reliable method of retrieving logs from rugged terrain.
These machines are coming to the end of their days, and with demand for wood products increasing, suitable replacement equipment is tough to find. This concern has been echoed by loggers around the globe. This is where the story of T-MAR’s Log Champ Yarders begins. T-MAR has designed completely new swing yarders from the ground up. Jim Mantle, Ed Hughes and the T-Mar Engineering Team have drawn on their years of experience in yarder design to manufacture the most modern, versatile and the most efficient yarders possible.
Designed for steep sloped logging the Log Champ 550 & 650 Yarders are Built Right, in BC. Log Champ Yarders are fast becoming the yarder of choice world wide.
LC550 - 70,000 Lbs. Pull • 1500’ Reach • One Piece Move
LC650 - 95,000 Lbs. Pull • 1800’ Reach • Two Piece Move
LOG-CHAMP 550 & 650 Features
CLEAR VIEW AND QUIET OPERATION
With a floor to ceiling front window and a peaked roof equipment operators have an excellent uphill and downhill view of the operation. Large side windows are ideal for winch and ground visibility. The cab interior is quiet and comfortable with climate control and large sliders. Electronic controls deliver excellent feel with no air or oil inside the cab. Operators have plenty of room for easy access and proper safety lockout disables all controls, except the brakes.
• Efficient right-angle drive eliminates chain case
• Regenerative braking in both directions
• Side by side drum arrangement with large diameter drums
• Equal speed drum reversing
• Splined shafts for easy maintenance
• Aerospace quality heat treated alloy gears for maximum efficiency and durability
• Dual Piston pumps and valving provide flow for travel, swing, boom hoist, guylines
• Variable speed hydraulic auto-reversing cooling fan
• Hydraulic constant speed cooling pump
• Hydraulic 60 CFM rotary vane air compressor
CAB & CONTROLS
• Rear entry forestry style cab with tall front window
• Parker IQAN electronic control system with electronic joystick controls
• Touchscreen gauge cluster with on-screen diagnostics
• Electric over hydraulic / air for smooth, tight winch control
• On-screen distance readout
with audible proximity alert
LC550 One Piece Move
Looking for a quick take down and set up? With a shipping weight of 105,000 lbs., the Log Champ 550 Yarder is easily transported on a single flatbed. The 550 folds down to 12’6” wide x 11’ 6” tall. This is accomplished by using an integrated boom / gantry that lowers and folds and a hydraulic tilt cab.
For a detailed specifications brochure on our Log Champ 550 & 650 Yarders click here.
Western Canada Sales
US Pacific Northwest Sales
Triad Machinery • www.triadmachinery.com
New Zealand Sales
AB Equipment: 0800 303 090 • www.abequipment.co.nz